I need to get to bed... but wanted to post. It doesn't even matter if anyone is reading this - it is helping me be accountable. Today was Day 3 and it was a good day! This morning I did part of an exercise that yesterday I thought was "hokey" but today, decided to go for it. It was to find a picture in a magazine of what perhaps you would like to illustrate how you would want to feel/look/be ...
So, I pulled out a page with a very ordinary everyday looking woman (figure about my age) outside running.
She was not a movie star. She did not look like an athlete. She looked "ordinary" like me!
I realize that I just really want to love and enjoy life to the fullest - by being able to move easier than I do now (although I just realized that as soon as I take in less sugar/white flour my aches are minimal!)
Now at the end of the day - the exercise is to list something positive from the day - and here are a couple things I recognized today. I felt hungry right as I was getting a couple groceries. I made wise choices!! (the old me would have bought some type of goodie and eaten it on the way home!) So that is a positive thing for today! Also I realized that a couple times I just really slowed down my eating and enjoyed the flavor! Okay, that just made me think of how my father in-law used to make the kids eat their smarties one at a time - to enjoy them! (I am sure I am not the only one that puts a handful in my mouth at a time!)
So making good choices and enjoying the flavor - two positive things!
When I woke up this morning - I felt the "third day" feeling that usually strikes me on the THIRD DAY! Every time. I think it is when my decrease in sugar kicks into full gear - and I begin to get a little edgy!
But I soon snapped out of that feeling and got on the way. I think it had something to do with starting the day off with some Everett time (my sweet grandson) and a good cup of black coffee!
I am off to bed. Tomorrow is here and I still need my beauty sleep!!
night!
No comments:
Post a Comment