Tuesday, January 18, 2011

one week in!

We ran out of water in our cooler last night!!  That for me - has become a dilemma.  Yes, I could drink the well water here at Josh and Leah's loft - but we have only been using that in coffee.  ANYHOW ... what a wonderful predicament!  (mental note: remember to take jug and get water this afternoon!)

When I read "Day 7" this morning - it began with "Creating a plan for realizing success, adhere to it ... and you will succeed!"

ADHERE to it!!  hmm, sounds like a key point to me!

I am one week into the plan toward a healthier lifestyle and I am actually feeling much much better.  It is hard to describe - but there is a "clearness" (vs the mental fog that I often have).  I recognize it whenever I make some changes in my eating.  (So you may ask - why don't I learn to stay on whatever brings me a clearer thought process??!!??)

The last week has gone by quickly actually - with only a few times of craving the sugar.  As I look back - I am seeing where I have intentionally made choices.  I have not been counting calories ... I have not been counting points... I have not been eating "diet foods" .... I have just been making good choices instead of the "vices" that I have used in the past.  (sugary white flour foods/salty fat laden foods)  Okay - I did count out 5 sour cream and onion potato chips and eat them.  If I am eating some of my vice foods - I want to be "fully aware" of it, not just aimlessly popping them in without thinking.

In the Day 7 assignment - Julie says "You should be starting to realize that it is just a matter of time until you realize that you CAN and WILL get there!!"  And then she goes on to get the reader to look at the past week and identify the positive actions that were taken towards the goals for the week!!

WOOHOOOOOO.... onto the second week!
Last week was about changing one negative habit into a positive one.  "In a gradual manner, building one success upon another, it is time to incorporate another positive into your life!! Today is the day to begin working to increase your fitness level!!"

Exercise.... will I love it more when I can move easier??  I am hoping I will - and I think I will.  Sometimes with my fibromyalgia, my head wants to exercise but my body is just too sore, too tired - too "feeling like lead" but the thing is - NOT exercising is just making my FM worse. 
I pulled out my dance pad yesterday and danced to praise music for 32 minutes!! It is a fun way to exercise and I knew there was a reason I brought it to the loft!  My treadmill unfortunately is in storage.  With the cold these days - I just can not bring myself to go outside!!  At work I climb steps instead of using the elevator.  However my job is a sitting down job most of the time! :(

But - it is one step at a time.... one dance move at a time...one walk at a time... on stair at a time.
And I am still loving Curves!

Julie (the author of this book/journal/plan) also encourages us to speak words of affirmation to ourselves ... and today's goes like this:
AM Affirmation:  I believe in my ability to improve my health, my attitude and my life.  I am worthy of the best that life has to offer and today I have the opportunity to get closer to realizing my dreams and goals.  I want to add - YES... with God's help!!

Now.... where is the dance pad?  Gotta go dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment