Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 4 (yesterday) and Day 5 (today, Saturday)

Yesterday was a great day.  It was Day 4 of the journey on the way to a healthier lifestyle.  I packed my lunch to take to work.  I had purchased this really cool bowl from Curves, it has a gel portion, that you freeze and it keeps the veggies so nice and cold.  For some reason - I am just not into "salad" as much - it is so weird!  But I love veggies cut up.  I am using some dip for them. And I took some boccicinni (spelling ??) which is unripened mozzarella! It tastes amazing with balsamic on it.  I have decided to make sure I get my fruit and veggies in.  I am really working on that.  I will be honest - I still do have a bit of sugar craving once in a while.  I have decided to use the 90 cal pouches, and yesterday I used the little rice cake crisps drizzled with a little chocolate.  ANYHOW.... it was a good day.  I also had the orange flavored pgX on the way home.  It always reminds me of cream of wheat porridge!  This fibre supplement seems to be working well for me!  Last night we went out with friends, and went for Mexican.  My choice was fajitas, and I enjoyed the sizzling chicken, veggies, lettuce, etc without the wraps.  Yum.

Yesterday in the pgX journal pages there was something that I have known, but for some reason it just struck me yesterday!  What?  It was the fact that so often I have grasped all kinds of diets, programs, etc for the quick and easy fix to weight loss.  But the reality is - my life will not change overnight! And as they said in the journal page "...the true answer to lasting weight loss ... Eating a well-balanced diet and regular exercise are the key components of a healthy lifestyle.  The goal of this program is to bring you to a natural, maintainable, comfortable, healthy lifestyle.   Remember to focus on what you CAN do today, NOT what you didn't do yesterday!"

It felt like a breath of fresh air!! Letting go of the past failures.... taking each day for all it is!  And living fully in the day, NOT waiting for "when I get thin" to live life fully!

NOW - today, Saturday the 15th - this is Day 5

The question for today - to begin with - is why do I want to lose weight and gain a healthier lifestyle?
Well - here are my reasons
  • I am at risk of diabetes, heart issues, arthritis/fibromyalgia pain increases, and cancers because of obesity.  I know this.  I hate the word obesity - but that is my reality.
  • I want to love myself fully.  I know that my outer shell is the "shell" but man alive, sometimes it makes me feel awful!  I do not want to lose tears over this any more
  • I want to walk the journey with God's help and not to keep taking back my stuff - but continually laying it down at His feet.  He is my strength
  • I just want to finally feel victorious over this stronghold in my life
  • the physical affects everything about me - I want to feel healthy in all ways!
  • I want to lose weight for ME
  • I want to lose weight so that I am able to be around for my family
  • I want to lose weight so I can get down and play, dance, walk, run etc with my grandson and grandkids to come
  • I want to do things that I do not do now because I am conscious of my weight and its effects on my life
  • I want to look at myself in the mirror and be proud of the success!
That is it for now - God is my strength!  Have a wonderful day.  Talk more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment