Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 1

Early in the morning of January 1st - my prayer request (when we prayed as friends) was that I would get "healthy" this year.  You know - I am NOT getting younger (chronologically) which means if I want to do it - I have to do it NOW.  Now I realize that it is January 11th and I only have begun with Day 1 now.... but you know, it actually took me till now, to get going.  So - here I am, almost at the end of Day 1.

I have decided to take something that I saw advertised in a free magazine at the drugstore counter where I get my prescriptions.  It is called PGX and it is a fibre that you take, to help with cravings, and it actually helps with blood sugar.  I know I have not explained it - so you can check it out yourself at www.pgx.com

Anyhow - I originally downloaded the book from the website (free) and the journal as well (free) and I got the capsules but oh my goodness, they are huge! (I have this thing about trying to swallow pills) SO I opted out for the "granules" instead, which can be mixed with water or mixed into food. 

I just need something to help take the edge off - and this fibre seemed to do the trick today!

There is alot more besides this - but I will let you check it out if you want.  However - the thing I love is that this is not about weighing every day - or counting calories.  It is not about starving yourself - or about feeling bad every time you fall "off the wagon" ...

It is about "changing your lifestyle" so that you can develop new habits - and develop something that is lasting.   It is a commitment to doing 21 days ... and changing "habits" along the way.  She talks about the "vices" we use - and what keeps us from achieving long term change.  I won't go into anything else - but I just really want to begin making good choices and life-time changes.  SO today was day 1.

She (author) has lost a big amount of weight, and has counselled people in making lifetime changes.  Today - the first step was to carry and drink from a water bottle throughout the day - everyday! 

I also had to list 10 things that describe myself POSITIVELY.... and after I did it - I realized that I have alot going for me.  I need to look at the things that God has given to me!  He is not finished with me yet either!

The journal is all about making the positive changes and thinking it all over.  At the end of the day (now) I have to recall the positive things about today and look at one or two things I can do tomorrow to make it even more positive!

I feel really good today.  I know it is only day 1 and the first few days are the easiest - I know that full well.
However - this is just about change and doing it one hour - one day at a time.  Thing is - God is my strength - and with Him I can do it.  2011 - will be the year. It just has to!

Thanks for listening. It is time for bed.  Nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment