Friday, July 9, 2010

First time out of the house all week!

I am at my favorite coffee place ... Mountain Bean. This is truly the first time out of my house this week! I have been packing like a mad woman... that has literally been the only exercise for me except for 2 days - where I actually intentionally did something. I guess I could feel bad ~ especially when I look at my exerciser ticker - which is supposed to help keep me motivated. I look and see that the week goes till end of next Monday AND I am already two weeks behind! I could do one of two things. 1) just let that in itself be a motivator to get my butt in gear more often or 2) take the "weekly goal" part off the ticker and just leave it as the big number of minutes to exercise. I opt for the first one! Otherwise I would really just be trying to cover something up! (the fact that I have not been exercising and in this case it is not the thought that counts!)

So - up early for my day out! The packing is not happening today. It feels wonderful!
I dropped Alvin off and proceeded on to Curves for a work-out and shower! Ah, so good! I love it there! I can hardly wait until I am living closer. Somehow right now driving in purely for a curves work-out isn't something I am doing - but living on Henderson will be much more convenient!!

So - I had wanted to weigh in on Tuesday past - but as I said I was not at Curves. At home I do own a scale which all my family weighs on. (It has sat under the big bench at the front door for years!) But it is not digital and doesn't do the "point something" of a pound. So... today I weighed.... and I was DOWN!!! I was down 1.4 lbs to be exact. So, I am very thankful.

I know that the scale isn't everything. I also know that the scale can become a "god" if we let it. I also know that it is how we "feel" that means everything - but baby, I am so glad for every single point of a pound I can lose! I am 1.4 lbs closer to my first goal of 20 (20.2) lbs.

YES

No comments:

Post a Comment