Thursday, January 5, 2012

Another crack at the same old thing!! 2012

2012
What will this year hold?  Last year did NOT hold much weight loss, perhaps 5 lbs that have actually stayed off!!  Oh, what a thorn in the flesh this extra weight is.  It prickles and festers ... it constantly reminds me of where things are at in my physical body.  Thing is - I can't figure it out.  I can not figure out WHY I "keep giving it over to God" and yet I keep struggling with it!  I guess I just have never left Egypt's slavery!!

Two days ago, it was very timely for me to be on my treadmill and listening to Beth Moore's DVD that I downloaded, for Stepping Up - Session 3.
She said some very powerful things.  She was teaching on how God surrounds His people.  And read from Deuteronomy 16: 9-12 where it talks about the FEAST OF WEEKS which was a time for the people to "remember their former bondage and to be able to testify about it"

Then she said "we feel like we lose something when we give it to God.  Lose something that's comforted us for years and has been watered with tears!  If we do not grow weary - it will come!"

I could not help but think of the endless tears I have shed over my struggle with my weight.  I could not help but think of when I sometimes think that "I will quit eating this for a while, and when I am thin ..." only to realize I have not ever tasted the sweet taste of success here!  (apart from losing weight before I got married).  I could not help but think of the times it just seemed to take forever, and I "threw in the towel" or "fell off the wagon" so to speak, only to pick myself up and try again.  Somehow though, I am glad that I still WANT to keep trying.  I have not totally given up!  I know what feeling lighter feels like!

And then Beth said this:  "Whatever it happens that you are tired of - tell God you're sorry that your promises have been broken.  There IS a great deliverance.  There IS the power of God to pull down every single vain imagination that leads us back into the depths of the pit!  YOU DO NOT HAVE THE ONE STRONGHOLD, THE ONE ADDICTION, THE ONE CONTINUALLY DESTRUCTIVE CYCLE THAT IS TOO STRONG FOR GOD TO BREAK!  YOU DO NOT HAVE IT!!  IT DOES NOT EXIST!  IF YOU TAKE GOD AT HIS WORD, THEN YOU HAVE GOT TO BELIEVE THAT YOU ARE FREE!!"

Okay, the BIG BOLD STATEMENTS really spoke out to me!  Bottom line?  God can take down any and all strongholds!  There is nothing He can not break!  Do I believe it?

It is now the 5th of January!  I did not write resolutions down, but in my head ~ you have to know already that losing weight is front and foremost in my thoughts.  At work we are having a "biggest loser" contest and I am going to sign on.  Talk about accountability.

I want to do it!  
2012
 ~ fresh year ~ fresh start~ 

Here I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment