The Biggest Loser!! Imagine signing on to become this! It is amazing what you will do for a prize hey!
On Monday of this week, I signed up for the Biggest Loser contest at work. I actually came in ESPECIALLY to be there at the kick-off. We celebrated with a glass of Veggie Juice! We each took turns stepping on the scale. It had not changed much since I had weighed into WW again on the Saturday before. I went to WW to get the new stuff for 2012, the new improved plan! There was no registration fee, and I had to rejoin since I had been away for a few months. So, it just cost the weekly fee this time. I think I will go in whenever my shift allows ... or maybe I won't since I am weighing in at work. Time will tell. For me, I love the accountability of someone else weighing me. Ya, I know.... why do I have to PAY to lose weight!!
So I regressed. I weighed in on Saturday at WW. Then I weighed in on Monday at CBS. And yesterday I really started in earnest - writing my meals down - PLANNING them instead of eating whatever and whenever. Eating more fruit and veggies. Watching the fat intake. Drinking more water. (and therefore going to the can more often!) You know, I guess I am a slow learner. I know for a fact that my fibromyalgia responds to the decreased sugar and white flour in my system. There is less pain. So why don't I make this a permanent change? Go figure!
Today was the second day that I was totally on track. I am happy about that. My mind already feels clearer. And I know this happens for me when I eat properly. I am also happier when I am eating properly. Alvin can always tell when things are going well in that department!
I have been planning/preparing so that I don't get stuck and have to go through a drive-thru. I have decided to put some treats in my food plan for the day. INTENTIONALLY! I have found an amazing and tasty little treat called PREVENTIA ... um, so good. 4 Points (Weight Watchers) well used! And it seems to take care of the sugar craving! OH, and today I had one coffee with cream from Starbucks. I knew if I got it there, I would also get cream. It is just the way I do Starbucks.
SO, for the Biggest Loser challenge - we weigh weekly and submit out weights. There is a monthly prize for the BL. We are doing this till the end of March. I am hoping that I can lose at least 20 lbs during this challenge. (20 would be the first goal for me) (and then followed by lets see ... another 50 lbs or so). Yep, there is a lot.
I am going to try to not focus on the scale - but instead will use a big belt and mark the changes in it. And take some pictures as visuals!
Oh, and one more thing. I want to do at least 150 minutes of intentional exercise per week. So far I have done 50 minutes. Tomorrow I am hoping to get back to Curves. Since my accidental fall down the steps, I have not been able to get in. Gotta get going again!.
For now- I am heading to bed. Tomorrow is a new day!
Night.
No comments:
Post a Comment