Next weigh-in on the 1st of October.
All my good intentions somehow dissolved in the midst of busy-ness, and stress.
Darn!
Why does that happen?
Okay ... so, on Saturday, when I sucked it up and weighed in - I was up.
Not proud of that.
However, the lecture is what I needed again, and well - this is another week.
Susan talked about "enjoying the journey" and "you have to be your OWN director!!" remember the title of my last post?? Seems I didn't take it to heart!!
ANYHOW .. here are some of her timely quotes at the lecture:
"You have to know WHY you are doing what you are doing"
"What are the benefits?"
"You have to care for yourself!"
"Success comes from your own personal journey!"
"Be YOU ~ Be Genuine ~ Be honest ~ BE GOOD TO YOU!"
"If you want to lose weight ~ you gotta do it body, soul and mind but it's actually for your HEART!"
hmmm..... this woman speaks things that resonate with this heart!!
Here are my thoughts to the above quotes:
On my cell phone, I have a greeting on the front, and there I wrote these words "REMEMBER WHY" and they are exactly there to remind me why I am trying to stay on the journey of weight loss. WHY I am doing what I am doing and the benefits are almost the same things:
- to live longer (Lord Willing) due to adopting a healthier life style
- having more time to spend with my grand kids, and being able to run/walk/chase/lift/play with them and being around to see them grow up
- to feel better about myself - physically, emotionally, and mentally. Socially too - as perhaps then I will feel like going out more.
- to look better (okay I really really want to get out of the plus size clothing, the baggy look)
- to reduce my risks of breast cancer, diabetes, heart disease etc... this all runs in my family
- to be a good role model
Yes, I know that I have to care for myself. The other day I heard that mothers often put themselves last. And I agree with that - there are other people to care for. But as Alvin says, if I get sick - I won't be able to care for anyone anyway so I really need to put myself and my needs first. (easier said than done!)
Success comes from my own personal journey - totally agree. No one put the weight ON me ... so I have to take it OFF myself too. BUT I love the support of family, and friends walking the same road!
Which is why I like Weight Watchers - as we are all there for the same reasons. We get one another!
Be honest - genuine - hmmm... think this includes putting that cake pop down on the tracker! Who am I really trying to fool? Only myself. And that doesn't work anyhow.
Bottom line - I have to invest fully in this journey - and know that it may be a long journey - may be alot of walking uphill - or perhaps slipping a few steps back. The journey is not easy. I know that from past experience. I do know that God can be and IS my strength if I Trust him with this part of my life. Do I? O Lord, I want to.
I sometimes think that it has really become a spiritual struggle - mixed up with the physical one. Don't know quite how to explain that other than that is how it feels. When I am in the Word, and getting my daily bread from the Lord - I am not struggling (as much) but then there are some days when it feels like everything has broken loose and those days do not feel good!
Ultimately it affects my heart (spiritually) and my heart (physically)
So Lord, I give you my life again, laying down my struggle with weight, and ask for your guidance, your direction on this journey - as long and hard and uphill as it may be. May I walk with my hand tightly in yours! Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment