So, I have had a full week, including an out of town mobile with my job - which meant I was out of town, in a hotel for night, and not at home where I could plan the next meal. That being said - it was a good time away and things were written down in my food journal - and I planned what I would put into my mouth INCLUDING the mini cupcake and piece of cake that the volunteer made for us to enjoy. It actually helped the sugar crave!
I really worked hard at keeping myself accountable - and at writing things down. HOWEVER I was somewhat lacking in the exercise department - that on top of being sick with a head/chest cold meant there was definitely more down time than exercise time!
I wanted to get back into checking into the meeting at the church on Monday night - but I found myself back at the Moore Center on Thursday night. I was worried that the week was not going to work for a weigh - in due to the fact that my shifts were all over the place. But Thursday worked for me. So there I went. It was weird because I knew I had had a good week - but I was still nervous to weigh in.
Up the steps I went - I was a little late - the lecture had already begun. One of the women behind the counter came and weighed me in and to my great delight - and I will admit to my surprise - I was down 4.4 lbs. WOOHOO.... the person weighing me in gave me a nice star and was so encouraging. I am happy to loose 1-2 lbs per week - or worst case scenario, to remain the same. But this was such a delightful surprise!!
I sat down then, and joined into the lecture. The lecturer is very very (did I say VERY) energetic. I think she said she has lost 75 lbs. I sat there and listened and was just basking in the results - because you see I have not been down to this number on the scale in a very very long time!! With weight watchers (ups and downs) I have only now lost 4.4 but I had lost a few pounds just prior to signing up again with WW so in all I have lost about 9. I am thrilled.
This week's W.W. "weekly" had an article called "You're the Boss of You!" The lecture was "how important is weight loss to me?" and "what does working at it 100% look like?" The bottom line is that giving the journey 100% means a number of things such as ACTIVITY, PORTION CONTROL, PLANNING and TRACKING FOOD CHOICES, and adopting GOOD HEALTH GUIDELINES and about DRINKING WATER.
Her challenge to us was : This week - make sure you follow the guidelines 100% on a minimum of 4 days including at least 1 day from the weekend. AND reflect on how things went! I figure I can do this - AND I hope I have a great weigh in again this coming week! I just feel like if I can keep going - and heading in the right direction - once I get the momentum, I will be unstoppable! This is my hope!! Weigh-in here I come!!
No comments:
Post a Comment