Okay, it is day 2 and today I fought some cravings. Nothing in particular - just was hungry. So since I was not going to be home yet, I made a good choice in picking out a high fibre granola bar - oats with peanut butter, and had a fruit smoothie which tied me over nicely!
My grandson and I went for a long walk today - he rode in the stroller and I pushed. I stuck my pedometer on first thing this morning. I realize that it will also add up any steps around the house and I am fine with that. I am relatively sedentary and so we (Alvin and I) are going to do a reward program! This was all MY idea. When I hear that I should have 10,000 steps a day - it makes me quiver. You have to know that I am not walking any where NEAR that on a regular basis ... SO I have to literally "STEP UP" to the task!
SO for week 1 - I will make the goal to be a total of 4000 per day = 4000 x 5 days (if I walk every day - that is a bonus right?) TOTAL for a week - 20,000
The first "REWARD" will be at 100,000 steps.
Hmmm.... what should the reward be? Any ideas?
I am thinking that the Riverstone Spa may have some great ideas!
100,000steps .... here I come. I know it doesn't sound like much to those of you who are walkers, but hey - it is a start for me!
(I am checking in - and just took my pedometer reading for today and it is: 12,890
WOO HOO total yesterday and today, 10,566 + 12890 = (drumroll please!) 23,456!!
No comments:
Post a Comment