Yesterday was a pretty good day. Well - pretty eye opening in some aspects. I have begun going to Curves again. It was much more convenient when I worked at the church, and literally went out the back door of the church into the back of the mall and into Curves. I feel like they also like seeing me at Curves. I however have been paying monthly and not going often. So it was when Julie from Curves phoned and left a message. "Joy, we haven't seen you in a while so I am calling to say get your little butt back in here." I had to smile. (if only it was a little butt!)
So, I went into Curves and decided that it would be the "restart" and I would get weighed and measured at Curves. I haven't done much of that since I joined Curves. But I like that the scale weighs digitally and is more concise. (.2 or .5 vs just the line on the scale and estimating)
Then I decided may as well get measured too. AND when I got home, I decided to get Alvin to take some pictures for my eventual "before and after" shots.
AND this is where the eye opener was... it is not often that you see a back shot of yourself. And you know what I said about "if only it was a little butt"... HOWEVER, that was yesterday AND today is the next and new day! It will only get less on the scale and smaller in the picture!
I am confident of this!
What am I doing? (if you have read my thoughtsfromacountrymouse.blogspot.com) you know that weight has been my struggle AND I have posted about it - about the "restarts" about the decisions to do this or that. Now, really, there is nothing new about what I am going to do. Just a combination of God's grace and strength mixed in with some guidelines.
- commit each day to Him ~ the whole weight thing
- follow the First Line Therapy way of eating (lots of veggies, fruit, legumes, limited grains, add some nuts/seeds and fats)
- eat when hungry and STOP when satisfied
- exercise daily (goal is 240 minutes per week)
- I "restarted" on Saturday past, however weighed in at Curves yesterday (Tuesday) SO I am going to change weigh in day to Tuesdays not Saturdays, and try to always weigh at Curves to keep accurate. I do not want the scale to become my idol so, will weigh weekly and measure monthly. (Right now I am not going to post my weight - that would just be too personal! I can't go there yet.... however - it is numbers that I hope to be out of soon!)
- DO NOT PUT MYSELF DOWN ANYMORE! Remind myself who I am in Jesus!
- reconnect with my accountability partner daily! (beginning today, it has been a while)
Monday night I came down with a bad sinus head cold. I thought it was just allergies from working outside with the fluff floating around in the air, but was wrong. So I did not run yesterday, as I couldn't barely breathe. (which is also why I had such a horrible night last night). I am planning to go to Curves again today since I will be in the city. And if I am feeling better I will run later today.
This is the day that the Lord has made! Let us rejoice and be glad in it!
No comments:
Post a Comment