Sunday, June 27, 2010

tying up the runners... after a few days off

I have been a little "off" the Couch - to - 5K Running Plan. I ran Week 7 Day 1 on Monday. But then I was in the City on Wed, Thursday and Friday and didn't run... nor did I run yesterday. I wanted to - does that count?

So today I put on the runners, put a good dvd into my computer to watch as I ran. Positioned the fan just so - and went for it. Week 7 Day 2 is the same as day 1 and day 3. "Brisk five minute warm-up wlak then jog for 2.5 miles or 25 minutes."

I warmed up - and at 5 minutes - put the treadmill to 3.8 mph and went for it. 25 minutes later, I began the cool-down. Mission accomplished for today.

I have this love-hate relationship with jogging. I don't like it... but one I am doing it - I am glad. When it is over - I am really happy.

Gotta make sure I do this every other day - otherwise I fall into the procrastination and excuse slump! That is very easy to do!

One day I would like to run a 5K - that is my first goal. I was hoping for fall... time will tell.
Right now I am not running quickly. But, one foot continues to go in front of the other, and at least I am doing something! Yoohoo..... that makes me very happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment