I just realize that it has been a week and a day since I posted last. So, I want to do a quick update - to let you know the happenings of the last week.
I returned to the Center for Natural Medicine - to see Leyla about the First Line Therapy program... a "way of eating for life" as she puts it. I walked in there, after MONTHS of not going. In the meantime, I had talked myself in and out of several days worth of eating/changing my eating/throwing it all to the wind (you know what I mean?) As usual, Leyla said hi, but this time she gave me a big hug. She seemed to be as glad to see me, as I was to see her. And then the question - "so how are you?"
How am I? LOADED question. Do I tell her about how my mom (in-law) is in the hospital and has been close to death twice in the same number of weeks, and how I am spending hours there with her. Or, perhaps I bring her up to date on how we sold our house, and now we are living in our kids loft for a few months, and how the building is going. Or, perhaps I talk to her about the emotional stuff that surrounded our move. Or, do I continue to chat with her about the emotional stuff that will always be mine, in regards to losing my little grandson Jay.
Then, there is the emotional stuff around whether to get a job or not. And on and on and on it goes. We talked. I had a half hour appointment, and used every minute plus a few more when she realized I wanted my BIA done (body index assessment? I am hooked up to something that reads what is happening inside - body fat/muscle/water inter cellular and also extracellular....)
The good news was that I was up just slightly from the last time I saw her which was months ago. (I am not going to readjust my little "weight loss tool" to go with my appointments with her, verses my weigh in at Curves.
I shared with her how I felt like my sugar cravings were totally out of whack. Could be the whole yeast thing, which HAS been my issue before. I also shared that i felt that this weird coughing that I have had for the past 4 years, is related to wheat, so I knew that my coughing/asthmatic systems had increased, but I had been into the white flour again.
So, Leyla suggested a Candida Purge, which I take every morning... and should begin to feel better in another couple weeks.
SO I walked out of there feeling encouraged again. I would really like to say that I can do it on my own - but the reality is, I am so weak. I like knowing the "life giving foods" that I should eat - and finding recipes with them in. I am learning to be a bit more adventurous in my cooking.
I walked out of there determined to get some exercise back into my routine. One thing Leyla said, which is the same thing my dear man said to me "Joy, you have to start taking care of yourself - because if something happens to you, then you won't be able to keep caring for anyone anymore... YOU have to make yourself a priority!" (ya, at this point in life - easier said than done)
Anyhow - I have been doing first line again, trying to make it a life style as it is NOT a diet but a way of life... bottom line - it is healthy eating, cutting out the white poisons: sugar and flour, and really watching the salt!! It is also about figuring out how to handle stress... and about putting exercise into my life! (Hmm, so how DO I handle my stress other than with chocolate!) And, well - back to the 240 minutes per week! I think I am already lagging behind :(
So... here we go again.
I still need to work on what it is that is holding me captive...
Perhaps I just don't want to really know because THEN I have to make a choice to deal with it - and to break the hold with the power of God! He is my strength, but somehow I keep wanting to do it in my OWN strength... O Lord, I need you.
No comments:
Post a Comment