![]() |
Isaiah 64:8
New Living Translation (NLT)
|
Somehow I keep forgetting that I am NOT on this journey alone
Somehow I keep forgetting that without HIM (my Lord and God) that I am weak
and that I am just, well, I am just clay
CLAY that is crumbly and cracked
Seems that I like to go it on my own
running ahead of HIM
much like a little kid - running, laughing, and sometimes looking over her shoulder
much like a little kid - sampling all the good things that taste good at the time
only to feel gross later
I am not on this journey alone.
And yet - when things get going well -
I seem to just keep running - only to keep winging it ...
and then
well, then there is a down day
and instead of just giving it to God and carrying on
no, this girl runs ahead - and sometimes even binges on things that taste good - but are so empty!
yep, she does.
YEP, I DO!!
let's see - usually those things that taste good - involve chocolate!
sometimes I wish I HATED chocolate like my friend M who only likes Toblerone but can make one triangular bar last forever!!
But that is not me
And the more that I indulge - whether it be chocolate - or baking - or well perhaps those salty potato chips
The more I indulge - the worse I feel - and the deeper it seems I get
and then I just want to "restart"
WHAT THE HECK? WHY DOES THAT HAPPEN.
I see the pattern - the running ahead - the fall behind - the feeling down - the feeling like I just failed again.
Those feelings are NEVER far from the surface.
Those feelings are NEVER good - they just seem to push me farther - my face into the dust (again)
SIGH
O Lord - I don't want to do this on my own - because I CAN'T
That is so obvious.
I am that hunk of clay that sits crumbly - and broken - and cracked (and feeling rather dusty)
And then - I realize that your hands - are right here - and they have clay around the edges of your fingernails
I realize that I am still unfinished -
You are still working on me
I am beautiful even though I am looking crumbly and cracked!
I realize that without the POTTER - well, this hunk of clay is just well, just a hunk of clay!!
But in your hands, I become a beautiful vessel through which you pour your life - your strength.
The clay never tells the potter what to make -
The potter is the one that is creating, and molding, and well - sometimes taking the lump on an adventure - making something beautiful!
Guess being clay is not so bad!!
So Lord - I am feeling a little crumbly these days
Please forgive me for running ahead and help me to trust myself completely into YOUR HANDS
and to do my part at walking in obedience -
in ALL things ...
even the things that I eat
the exercise that I do
the steps that I walk
Help me to be SO conscious that I am NOT on this journey alone!
You are holding me tightly in your clay stained hands ...
Thank you Lord!

No comments:
Post a Comment