Wednesday, August 1, 2012

In my 4th week of Curves Complete program

Well now - it has been a little bit since I journalled.  Last week it was a goal of mine to increase my steps (sometimes getting in 10,000 is harder than other days!) and I also wanted to journal my thoughts.
I think I did that once on my blog.  SO this week, my "goals" for the week were the same!

I had to weigh in on Tuesday instead of Monday because I worked and by the time I could get in after my shift - Kim (manager, who also is my encourager, my inspiration, my cheerleader and mentor in this program) would have gone home for the day.  SO I went yesterday.

First I biked!  I am trying to do some biking every day.  It is pathetic actually - I am still stuck at going 4-6 kms per ride.  I need to increase that, but like I said after NOT being on a bike for 20+ years, I am cutting myself some slack!! (insert happy face here!!)

Then I got my stuff together and went to Curves for the weigh and measure - after completing week 3!
I was actually surprised AND yes, quite disappointed when I got on and it was EXACTLY the same weight as the week before!  (insert sad face) BUT as Kim said, that is why she likes to weigh AND measure every week!  So she did.  I was down in body fat AND down in every area by half an inch (except for my bust, which was likely because I had a different bra on).  WOOHOO.... I was encouraged by this.  SO the stats are:

Since July 9:
Total Measurements:  228.5 to 221.30 :  total inches lost:  7.2 inches!!
Weight:  4.2 lbs (on top of the other weight I lost prior to starting  - so I have lost in total almost 17)
Body Fat:  48.2 to 46.3 - so that is good, I am coming down.  Total:  1.9
(I went up the first week, likely because the time of day I had weighed in/measured)

I am pretty happy ... but the other thing I am very conscious about is that normally I self-destruct right around the 3 week mark.  I am feeling a little of that tension happening these days - but I am convinced that I am going to (with God's help!!) NOT self-defeat this time around!  Still wondering why I always do that - it is like a self-fulfilling prophecy in my area of weight loss!!  Anyhow - here I go - into week 4 feeling so confident!!

I am thankful that God is my strength in all areas of my life.  It says in Psalms (don't have the scripture reference handy though) that "with God I can scale a wall!!"  I know that with GOD - the wall I can scale will be the one to healthier happier life style.  I believe HE does care about how I feel and how I treat my body which is "the temple of the holy spirit" ... so with HIM I can, and I will.  O Lord - help me to find victory through you!  This is my prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment